There's nothing like a good FireSteel to light fires.
Also known as Ferro rods, Ferrocerium rods, or misch metal, these are a great tool for the outdoors and a must have for your backpack, bugout bag or survival pack.
Light My Fire makes some of the best of them.
Offered here in two handle types, black plastic and coco shell.
- Lights campfires, gas-stoves, gas-barbecues.
- Works equally well when wet.
- Durable - Army model gives you 12 000 strikes.
- Produces a 2,980°C (5,400°F) degree spark.
- Predictable performance at all altitudes.
- Bright spark - can be used as emergency signal.
- Striker handle includes an emergency whistle.
Swedish FireSteel®: magnesium alloy
Striker: stainless steel
Size: Army model: 95x26x16mm Weight: 50g